Donald Trump, you either love him or hate him. These are some of the important facts about him that will certainly make you cringe.
Donald Trump is an interesting character, whichever way you look. He is also the 45th President of the United States of America. From his press conferences to his latest Twitter rants, he always makes a headline. On Twitter alone, he has a follower count of 85 million.
Additionally, Trump is a father to five children: Donald Trump junior (42 years old), Ivanka Trump (38), Eric Trump (36), Tiffany Trump (26) and Barron Trump (14) (Ages are as of 2020) and is currently married to former model Melania Trump.
01. Donald Trump once filed a libel case for 5 Billion dollars!! against the author Timothy O’Brien. Why you may ask? Simply because the author called him a millionaire instead of a billionaire. Trump lost the case. How surprising?
02. Donald Trump tried to stop the construction of an offshore 11- turbine wind-farm in Aberdeen, Scotland because he thought “the wind farm will ruin the view from his property”.
03. Donald Trump also owns steakhouses, believe it or not! However, one of his steakhouses called ‘DTJ steakhouse’ in Las Vegas was shut down by health inspectors. The steakhouse committed over 51 health violations! Inspectors wrote “no measures to destroy parasites in undercooked halibut and salmon” and “raw tuna [that] was being improperly thawed”.
This comes from a guy who is known as a germaphobe and a clean freak.
04. In 2004, Donald Trump tried to trademark the phrase “You’re Fired.” from the TV series ‘Apprentice’. It was turned down by the authorities.
06. Another important fact about Donald Trump is that in 1996 he bought out the executive producer of the Miss Universe, Miss USA and Miss Teen USA pageants. By 2017, over 24 women came forward and accused him of inappropriate sexual behaviour.
07. Donald Trump has been sued over 3000 times. More than 100 since taking office. Scams, unpaid royalties, exaggerated net worth claims and racism are some of the lawsuits against him.
08. Trump has a special love of bankruptcy. He once famously said, “I do play with bankruptcy laws—they are very good for me”.
In 1990, he had nearly $1 billion in personal debt and arranged a deal with bankers to avoid personal bankruptcy. However, he was filed for corporate bankruptcy 6 different times throughout his career, which includes Trump’s Taj Mahal, Trump Plaza and Trump Castle Casino.