Nazi Germany or the German Reich was the German state between 1933-45 when it was controlled by Adolf Hitler and the Nazi Party. Also called the Third Reich, it was a totalitarian state. It subsequently ended when the Allies defeated Germany in World War II. We have compiled a list of pictures which depict how pre-war Nazi Germany looked in colour pictures. These were taken by Hitler’s personal photographer Hugo Jager who was one of the few who used colour techniques.
Take a look at Pre-war Nazi Germany- in colour pictures.
1) A colour picture of Adolf Hitler making a keynote address to his followers in Nazi Germany at the Reichstag session, Kroll Opera House, Berlin, 1939.
2) Adolf Hitler and one of the men in his inner circle, Joseph Goebbels (in box) at Charlottenburg Theatre, Berlin, 1939.
3) Annual midnight swearing-in of Schutzstaffel(SS) corps where they swore an oath of loyalty to Adolf Hitler at Feldherrnhalle, Munich, 1938.
4) A picture depicting the celebration of the Reichserntedankfest (the Reich Harvest Thanksgiving Festival). Additionally, at the time around 700,000 were in attendance, both Nazi supporters and non-supporters.
5) A picture of Adolf Hitler saluting soldiers of the Condor Legion who fought alongside Spanish Nationalists in the Spanish Civil War. The coloured picture was taken during a rally upon their return to Nazi Germany, 1939.
6) A picture of Berlin lit up at midnight in honour of Hitler’s 50th birthday, 1939.
7) A picture of the League of German Girls(the girls’ wing of the Nazi Party youth movement) dancing during the 1938 Reich Party Congress, Nuremberg, Germany.
8) A colour picture of Nuremberg, Germany where the Nazi Party held large propaganda rallies.
9) Reich Minister of Propaganda Joseph Goebbels addressing the crowd at the Lustgarten in Berlin, 1938.
10) A picture of the Reich Veterans Day in Germany, 1939.
10) A picture of the Fallersleben Volkswagen Works cornerstone ceremony.
11) A picture depicting crowds of people lined along the roadway to the Fallersleben Volkswagen Works cornerstone ceremony.
12) A colour picture depicting the annual rally of the Nazi Party in Germany.
13) A picture of Adolf Hitler addressing the crowd at the Lustgarten, Berlin, 1938.
14) Crowds cheering Adolf Hitler’s campaign for Anschluss(union) of Austria and Germany, 1938.
15) A picture depicting various Nazi officials on their way to the Volkswagen Works cornerstone ceremony, near Wolfsburg.
16) Another picture depicting people gathered at the Volkswagen Works cornerstone ceremony, 1938.
17) Nazi officials and supporters gathered at a Christmas Party hosted by Adolf Hitler, 1941.
18) Adolf Hitler at the swearing-in of Schutzstaffel(SS) standard bearers at the Reich Party Congress, Nuremberg, 1938.
19) A colour picture depicting the Nazi Party rally in Nuremberg, Germany, 1938.
20) A picture of the massive rally and military parade which took place on Adolf Hitler’s 50th birthday, Berlin, April 20, 1939.
21) Banners displayed in honour of Adolf Hitler’s 50th birthday, Berlin, Germany.