The 1960s brought in a variety of fashion trends, and the high school teens embodied these. Hence, during the 1960s, high school fashion was the one to look out for. It was indeed the decade which broke all traditional fashion norms.
Let’s take a look at the 1960s High School Fashion- in pictures
1) A high school student at Beverly Hills High during the 1960s.
2) A student wearing bell-bottoms and boots, a typical fashionable piece during the 1960s.
3) Youth wearing the ‘Swinging London’ fashion, as seen on Carnaby Streets, 1969.
4) Another popular fashionable piece of the 1960s were the mini skirts. Here a student is wearing the ‘mini jupe’ skirt.
5) High school students wearing typical fashionable pieces during the 1960s.
6) A group of women wearing the Emilio Pucci printed leggings.
7) A high school student from Southern California wearing fashionable hippie prints during the 1960s.
8) A high school student wearing the Bishop sleeves. During the 1960s it became an important part of the hippie look.
9) A group of students from Beverly Hills High, wearing the typical fashionable pieces from the 1960s.
10) A high school student marching band wearing the 1960s fashion.
11) A student wearing woollen bell-bottom pants and a homemade jacket.
12) Vests were also a popular part of the 1960s hippie fashion. Here a student is wearing the Buckskin leather fringe jacket.
13) A student at Beverly Hills High school wearing a checkered outfit paired with yellow bell-bottoms.
14) Tops with lace sewn in were also a popular fashionable piece during the 1960s. Here high school students are wearing a typical hippie look, 1969.
15) A high school student from Kansas wearing a mini skirt.
16) A girl wearing black bell-bottoms.
17) Students from a high school in Southern California wearing printed tops and coloured bell-bottoms.
18) A high school teacher wearing a bold printed dress.
19) A group of women wearing fashionable mini skirts during the 1960s.